Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello friends... 22 more days left...

Hello everyone. I am just going to admit right now, I am a bad blogger. I promised to post everyday and I did not. Also, I attempted to vlog, and it stunk.
So I am going to blog as often as I can and not vlog ever. :)

I will tell you what I did today. It didn't involve any mission prep at all. Just learning how to talk to people I don't know and come out of my shy shell a little.

I went to a YSA Memorial day BBQ with a good friend. I did not know very many people at all, but I ended up making some friends. And having a lot of fun. We ate first, then we went inside and played these awkward "team building" games. One of them was where there were two lines of people. In each line, there was a pattern of "boy girl, boy girl". We each got a tootpick. Then a mint started off in front of the two lines. The object was to pass on the mint (Lifesaver wintermint) with just the toothpick. But here was the rough part: we could not hold the toothpick with anything but our mouths. It was awkward and you were close enough to the person you were receiving the mint from or giving the mint to, to kiss them. Seriously. It was too close for words. I don't think I have ever been that close to a guy's face before without kissing them or them kissing me. But that's besides the point.
Then we played volleyball, which was a ton of fun. After that, a few of us went to menchies, a frozen yogurt place by the JCPenney where I used to work. Then we met another friend to go see star trek. My friend was so sweet and paid for my ticket. He didn't have to, but he did. It's so nice to see a man with manners.
So there you have it. I did however, get my space bags, address book, face lotion, and tide to go sticks today. So that means tomorrow I will probably start doing some packing. As in packing my clothes into my suitcase... but I mean I really have 22 days left. I might just wait until next week.
It's crazy. Only 3 weeks left.
3 weeks.
3.

Right now I am so super tired, but I will leave you with a spiritual thought.
Here is what I have been thinking about this weekend... relationships and marriage. If you're a church leader and you're reading this... hear me out and don't freak out before you read what I have to say.

I believe that a relationship should be based on mutual trust and love. Otherwise it's pointless. I personally have only dated 2 non LDS members in my entire life. Does that mean I don't trust non members? No. It means that I simply want someone who shares my values and love and affinity for the gospel. I know the church is true and I know that I want to be married in the temple and raise my children in the gospel. I know it is the way to having a happy family.

I personally believe that no relationship is complete without Christ. You must must MUST live the gospel even and perhaps - especially in relationships and dating.

I will broaden it even further. With ANYTHING you do, you must center it on love, trust, and the gospel. Or, Christ. When I do this I am much happier and successful in the instance.

I'm really so so so tired. I've been up for 18 hours, doing a ton the whole day. I'm sorry if that spiritual thought doesn't make sense. It may not. But that's what's on my mind at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment