Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 4, yes I forgot to post the other days

Today I actually did quite a bit to get ready for my mission!
I woke up and realized my room is so jam packed full of STUFF.
And it was everywhere.
So I grabbed two big plastic tubs and started to clean. I packed up about half of my room as well. That way my dad won't have to do it after I leave.
I also went through the missionary stuff I have already in a tub downstairs. I discovered I still have quite a few things to buy. But nothing really too expensive.
I have 42 days left. It seems surreal. My friend Sister Killen reported to the MTC today. She's going to the Philippines. I think her leaving really opened up my eyes to see that I really don't have a lot of time left to prepare!
I have to read the BOM in 42 days, and get everything packed and ready. I have to get a few shots, and get my driver's license and international permit.
42 days.
Dang.
I'm going to start trying out missionary hairstyles and posting the ones that work and the ones that don't. I'm also going to start packing up my suitcase. And I can already tell that I will need space bags for my clothes. I have wool skirts and blazers, and they aren't too thick or anything but they are a bit bulky. And I need a varied wardrobe because it gets hot in the summer but it's absolutely freezing in the winter (gets to -20).
Here is the link to my pinterest, I will be repining hairstyles, tips, etc that I find useful and I will blog about the ones that have worked for me.
I'll take pictures of the hairstyles I try. My hair is really difficult because it's naturally curly on the bottom layers and just wavy on the top layers. It's strawberry blonde (leaning just a tad more toward red) and hard to keep from frizzing. So hopefully I can help out you sisters with difficult hair.
My Russian is coming along a little at a time. Very little bits at a time.


As for a spiritual thought, I've mentioned before that I adore music. Especially to become uplifted or feel the spirit during the day. And there's this Alex Boye song that has been stuck in my head and on my mind for about three or four days.
It's called "I will rise". It's epic. For real.
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FQb-cVwbKE
I love it because it's a simple set of lyrics with a powerful message regarding the resurrection. We will all be resurrected and judged according to our works here on Earth. The Savior atoned for our sins. The line "Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed" strikes me quite a bit. It makes me think of the pain Jesus overcame and how He was resurrected. I know that He did that for us and that He lives.
во имя Иисуса Христа, аминь.

Anyway, not a very long spiritual thought because I have quite a bit to do.
Here's my pinterest, go ahead and follow me :)
http://pinterest.com/songbird1615/

No comments:

Post a Comment