Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 12 of 48... Sorry. I've negelected you.

I'm sorry my lovies. I've neglected you with spiritual thoughts, tips and stories.
For shame.

So I'll make it up to you with two extra long and packed posts. k? k. :)

Sunday was pretty good this week. The hymns were lovely and I did pretty well leading the congregation this week. (By the way, if possible learn how to lead hymns before you go, you never know when you might help the ward out!) The topics of course were centered around mothers so it was a little awkward for me, but I loved it. The primary sang beautifully and so did the priesthood. I don't remember what they sang, but it was great. This sunday made me really excited to be a mom in the future.
As far as preparing, I re-evaluated my to do and to buy lists. I got to cross a lot off of both (Hooray!) I bought comfortable, black, leather shoes for super cheap off of 6pm.com (seriously check it out sisters.) I am still waiting on that skirt and that coat to come from when I ordered online, but I know they'll show soon.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) is my last day at work, therefore I will only get one more small paycheck, so I really have to stretch my money and make it last so I can get all of the initial costs paid (clothes, incidentals, etc.) I worked really hard and so far I have paid for almost all of my packing list myself. I am very proud because all of this stuff together is expensive. But I've stretched it and found good quality stuff and found really good bargains. I'm worried about that last paycheck though. I know I will have about 100 dollars and honestly, I don't know how much that will cover.
But I will pray and I know that it will all be okay and it will all turn out. I've worked hard and saved so I could buy all this stuff for the mission. So I know it will not be a wasted effort.

Hmmm... what else...

Oh yeah! So I have been studying up on my Russian quite a bit. A friend at work taught me to say "thank you." and tonight I learned how to say "Rice, woman, swim, run, water, yes, no, dog, and cat". I also learned that the sound for "and" in between listing things in a sentence is pronounced the same way it is in Spanish "ee". It's a backwards N, but it's the same sound.

My best friend, Elder Johnson, is in Ukraine right now on his mission. In fact, his mission (Donetsk, Ukraine) is the mission right next to mine. We are going to be speaking the same language. So on Mother's day, his family taped him talking in Russian a little. He said basically "Hello, thank you mothers for all you do. Happy Mothers day." I recognized "Hello" and "thank you"! It's so exciting to hear and recognize words in another language. I do really need to work on my pronunciation though.

Advice I have for you today... hmm... I know that for me, I have been a little angsty and irritated lately. Especially toward my family. It's hard having two teenage sisters in the house. It really is. But I need to get over myself and act civil because even though they do things that hurt my feelings and irritate me, they are family. And I bet I do things that irritate them. (I don't try to, I've come a long way and learned how to be mature in that sense.) I'm not perfect, so I can't expect them to be.
SO my advice is, you have a short time with your family while you are preparing for your mission. Don't be so sensitive or irritable. I know, easier said than done. When you're on your mission you only get 2 phone calls or Skype calls a year. You get to email once a week and write whenever you want, but it is nothing compared to the contact you have right now with them. Don't take it for granted.

I'll post a spiritual thought in the next post. Thank you for reading my blog. I have had so many pageviews this week! Almost 200 in 7 days. That's more than any other blog I've produced. Thank you thank you, and please as always, feel free to post comments with questions or suggestions or tips you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment