Saturday, June 15, 2013

Things are getting real... 4 days left.

Today I had my open house. I was expecting maybe a few people to come, but tons showed up. It was so nice. I felt very loved and I was so happy to see everyone that came. I have some very loving friends in my life. They feel so much like family.
I am so excited to serve my mission. I am truly 100% grateful for this opportunity. I think even since I got my call in February, I feel a lot more humbled by this opportunity. I am so blessed to be able to go and to have so much support from my dad, friends, and members of my ward.
I have been thinking a lot lately about "what if's" I know we all do it. We imagine and try to picture our lives if we had made a different decision somewhere in the past. Maybe we think our lives would be better. Maybe we think we are stupid for not making that decision or not saying something when we should have. I know for me I feel like if I had treated one of my friends differently, we might still be talking right now. I miss talking with him and hearing how his days are and just in general hearing the simple day to day things that we talked about. But I realize that I cannot change the past. Yes, I have grown since then. But even though I have changed and am really a whole lot different now than I was 2 years ago, and even a year ago, I still cannot change who I was in the past. And you know what?
That's okay.
Why?
Because I'm human.
The only thing I can do now is move forward and work hard to continue to progress in a positive way. I feel like I am absolutely headed in the right direction with my life. I have grown and overcome trials that I never thought I would be able to overcome. I am not trying to show off or boast. I am merely stating that what I thought was impossible became possible because I kept the faith. I endured to the end, prayed hard, fasted, lived as obediently as I could, served others when I could, etc. I went through a lot of trials you guys. I mean, a lot. There were many days where all I wanted to do was not face the world and to get back in bed and stay in my warm covers. I didn't want to face those hard times. But if we don't go out and face those difficult things, we don't grow. If we stay where we are comfortable, we do not progress. Or at least, we do not get very far.
It was not easy, it still isn't. There were many tears shed and so many many many prayers said.
That's another thing. I struggle to remember to pray when I wake up, before meals, and before bed. I pray a lot during the day and I give thanks where it is due and sometimes just because. But I always struggle to remember those three times during the day. That is something I need to improve on because I think maybe I could be getting some revelations or some insight or maybe even just good feelings that would make my days easier and more worthwhile.
This is all just stuff that's on my mind at the moment. I have so much to be grateful for. I love my ward and my friends. I am so grateful to them. I wouldn't be who I am without Heavenly Father or without those people in my life. I truly believe that with all my heart.
I may not get the chance to write again on this blog before I go. I will try, but in case I forget...
Thank you for reading. I am so blessed to have a HUGE audience that reads this blog. I don't get a lot of comments, but I know you are reading because of the pageviews I have received since I started this blog in April. I hope if you are preparing for a mission that I have helped at least a little in some small way. I really loved blogging and wish I had had more time to commit to it. If you would like to hear how I do on my mission, please email me at ashleighrobynb@gmail.com. I will email you the same group email I do every week on my mission. And if you would like, I would also love to write letters to you. So send me your emails/ physical addresses.
Thanks again. I love my readers!

Cheers,
cectpa Bonazelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment