Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Spiritual thoughts

I am currently listening to this talk today:
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/pride-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng#watch=video

It is about pride. I know it is a priesthood session talk, but I fully believe that it applies to sisters as well.
I have heard a lot of very interesting and clarifying points in this talk.
I have nothing to say about it except that we all struggle with pride in different ways. Therefore the only spiritual thought or advice I can give, is to read this talk or listen to it.

I adore this talk. I am going to print it out and take it with me and read it often on my mission. I hope that you all take this message seriously too in serving the Lord.

My friend who is serving in Ukraine recently said in one of his letters that his companion is Russian and the Russians/Ukrainians (some of them anyway) are a little racist toward gypsies. So this Elder refuses to teach the gypsies. That is a big example of pride.

I think he could really use this talk so I am going to send it to my friend and suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment