Friday, June 7, 2013

12 more days!!!!

While packing up the clothes I won't need and doing all my laundry tonight, I was thinking about the little things that missionaries probably miss in packing. I know that my booklet doesn't tell you everything you need to bring. And I know that there are definitely necessary items that they don't mention in the booklets.
For example:
They don't often tell you how much feminine hygiene product you need to bring. I am not sure what there is in my mission, but I know that if Russian women can live off of what's there, then so can I. So I am just bringing enough for my stay at the MTC, and once I get to Russia, I will see what's there. If worst comes to worst, I will just have someone ship me some.
Fingernail clippers/nail file.
exercise equipment (I am bringing resistance bands. They work well to build arm muscle and you can use them to develop leg muscle with certain exercises.)
There are probably a couple other things, but they aren't coming to mind immediately.

Also, I learned that retail was the best industry to work in before my mission. I saved enough to pay for all my upfront costs (clothes, luggage, toiletries, shoes, bag, passport, garments, etc.)
While most of my paychecks went to buying clothes that I liked there. Which was also good because I was inadvertently stocking up for a wardrobe for after my mission. I just packed all the clothes that I didn't need for the next 11 days or the 18 months to follow. Trust me, I have almost a whole wardrobe.

My farewell is this sunday even though I leave on the 19th. So tonight my other project will be to pack up my entire room except for a couple things. Then tomorrow, I will write the rest of my talk. I will also probably end up having to get my two shots done tomorrow. Ugh. Oh well.

That's really all I have for you tonight. I have a ton to do. I did get a request to show you my shoes and where I got them from. They are lined up in the garage next to my suitcase so I will work on that for my post tomorrow.

12 more days.... choosh..? Nyet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment