Wednesday, August 27, 2014

  I was going to do this really cool bike ride in the first week of september. I was going to do 54 miles around Mt. Adams here in washington. But I realized that while I am getting in better shape and losing weight, it would not be good for me to do this just yet. I would probably hurt myself doing it. I am super bummed because it's a gorgeous ride and I remember feeling really good after I did it. But I don't want to risk hurting myself. I'm nowhere near the shape I was in 2 years ago when I did the ride.
  I'll just have to set another goal and keep going to the gym and working on my goal. So far in the 2 weeks I've been working out I have lost 5 pounds. It's been really hard because I have an obstacle to overcome that makes me gain weight like crazy. I get the depo provera birth control shots. I've only had it done twice. But one of the side effects is weight gain. When I first got it in April of this year, I weighed 140 pounds almost exactly. I was still 5 pounds over the reccomended healthy weight for my age and height, but it wasn't bad. Then I gained 25 pounds. I was 165.3 pounds in July. Now I weigh 154. With the sudden weight gain I became lethargic, I got stretch marks on my upper legs, and for some reason I broke out with acne all over my face. I wasn't eating poorly either. I eat healthy everyday.
  My workouts are so random. I've gotten back into the habit of writing my workouts down and making goals of what I want to accomplish at the gym. My workout today will be legs/bum. Here's what I have planned:
  circuit @ Planet Fitness (only the leg machines and step boxes. Do 3X)
 Squats w/bar 2 sets of 10
 Treadmill walk 30 minutes

Pretty simple today. I did the full 30 minute circuit yesterday so I won't do the full thing again today. Tomorrow I'm going to do a big crazy workout because my husband and I are going out of town from friday to sunday so I won't have the gym or much exercise time while we're away.
I highly reccomend gluten and dairy free diet to those who want to lose weight and be healthy. You're basically limited then to fresh food rather than packaged and/or processed foods. You'll eat a lot of vegetables and fruits and I reccomend eating meat sparingly. I feel great and it helps me feel good enough to work out a lot and I always have a lot of energy.
There's also a couple challenges I'm going to try in september. One being the "30 day guns, buns & abs" challenge. Here's the image of what that will look like:
Sounds like a good challenge.

One more thing I really reccomend very highly: drinking lots of water everyday. Your face will brighten up and the bags under your eyes will start to go away. I guarantee your acne will get better the more water you drink everyday. And you will have more energy. I've also found that I eat less when I drink more water. 
Well, I have to go finish laundry, but I'll talk about my workout later tonight. I think I'll take a "before" picture too and keep that until a couple weeks from now when I can compare and see results. 
Thanks to my followers and loyal readers. I hope you are sharing my blog and reccomending it to others. I appreciate all the views and support I've been getting lately. It's awesome! :)

1 comment:

  1. You might like to check with your Dr. on that water intake. There is a limit that kidneys can handle. You don't want to over tax them.
    Good Luck on your exercise plans!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete