Friday, July 18, 2014

Marriage, first of all, is awesome. I love my husband, he is my best friend and I just always feel so loved by him. He's a great guy and almost everyone he meets goes out of their way to tell me how great he is. I am so blessed.
However, my husband goes to college year round. So right now he goes to school everyday during the week all day. Then every other weekend he goes to extra classes for Qi Gong (like Tai Chi but more meditative) and to learn how to diagnose a patient by reading their pulse. He's a chinese medicine major. I actually love his major and think it's awesome. It has helped both of us with our health issues. Anyway, he is always gone. Which means it gets pretty lonely around. I started off the week feeling completely motivated. I would clean everyday and get laundry done. Which, I did. But then I would have hours and hours left in the day before my husband got home. So I read. And read. And read.
The other day it occurred to me: I don't really have any consistent hobbies. So in thinking about it, here are my mid year resolutions:
1.) I bought a book on "green cleaning" and I think just being more "organic?" in the home by taking out harsh chemicals you clean with and everything. Goal number one I think will be to read and implement.
2.) Hiking and taking walks more often, and biking. I decided that I would like to go to the library at least once a week, and the library is maybe a mile or two away. I have a bike at my dads house that I used to ride all the time. So I will get that back soon. And I love hiking and fresh air. We live in a beautiful hiking place.
3.) Cleaner eating. I like donuts. I like cheese. But I can't have either due to our gluten and dairy intolerance. But sometimes I cheat. Even though it hurts. But I am going to stop that and start eating better. Which means more homemade things hopefully.
4.) Russian studying. I served a mission in Samara Russia and my minor in college will be Russian Translation. I would like to study it everyday even before I go to college. Just to keep it in my brain.
5.) Blogging. I really do love blogging and at one point I had a blog that was fairly popular. But now I think that it would be cool if I became a consistent blogger again. I'm thinking 2-3 times a week. With recipes I tried, things I did. Maybe some DIY stuff. We'll see. But it will all be on this blog.
I like setting goals too, the above things are just a list of what I would like to start doing. Here are goals associated with them:
-ride my bike to the library once a week
-only eat junk food on one day out of the week
-drink at least two full water bottles a day (Drinking water is really important to health. And something I often forget to do)
-Blog at least twice a week.
-Study Russian for half an hour everyday
-Try one new recipe a week
-Clean something everyday
-Get in shape: to start with, take walks in the evenings with Corry. Do ab workout everyday, arms every other day and legs every other day. Start running everyday in 2 weeks.
-paint a big painting for my living room
-decorate the house, make it feel like an organized home
-attend the temple every other week
-read scriptures and pray everyday
-attend church weekly
-be more social. Go to Relief Society functions. Talk to people at church. Ask bishop about a calling. Invite the missionaries for dinner.
So there you have it. I guess thats what this blog will be all about. Me reaching my goals? Yeah. Sounds good.
Thanks for reading. I'll start with a blog post tomorrow (Saturday)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me. I was really excited to see your blog on my reader list again.
    Once Corry is done with school he will get a job and be gone all day again. That's just how it is until he retires. Then he's under foot all day - in your face all day.
    I'd like to see some DIY. That would be fun.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete