Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Back to blogging!

Hello my dear friendships!
It has been a while since I posted on a regular basis. I have to admit right now I will only be blogging 2 times a week. I've chosen Tuesdays and Thursdays to post on here.
Since my return home, a lot has happened. I've made a down payment on an apartment in which I will be living with two roommates from my new ward. I am now in the Young Single Adult ward. I've been going to institute and Family Home Evenings. I went to a dance on Saturday and met a really wonderful guy.
Life is going on. And I am so excited for what the future holds for me.
I wanted to go to BYU in the spring, but I can't take the SAT or ACT in time to go. But that's okay. I would rather be here for a while anyway in lovely Vancouver. I've got a job interview on Thursday and I am hoping I can maybe get two jobs at once so that I don't become financially unstable so early in my adult life. While working I plan on doing BYU independent study for my major in Civil Engineering. But if one of the classes is cheaper at the community college close to where I will live, I'll probably start there first.
Oh, that's another thing. I've decided to major in Civil Engineering and minor in Russian. Sounds so official right? I'm really excited. Science and architecture have always been so cool to me. And as much as it pains me to say it looking back at my high school years... I like math....
*GASP*
But it's true.
Let's see... what else?
I've been going to the gym pretty often lately in an effort to train to do swimming at BYU when I get there next fall. I already feel so much better health wise. Since I've been lifting weights and exercising, my back pain is very minor and happens only in the evenings once in a while. Which is fabulous. Life is good.
At the end of November I'll be moving so for that week or so I probably won't post. But I will do a two time a week posting. Does that make sense? I don't know. All my thoughts are in Russian now.
So, as always. Life is great. Grand actually. I am incredibly blessed to be able to be home and get my life going. My dream with civil engineering is to assist in the constructing of temples. Ideally a temple in Russia someday since I served there and I am minoring in Russian for that reason.
I am seriously so excited for what life has in store for me. I've gone through it seems like nonstop consecutive difficult trials for the past 2 and a half years and I am ready for some OPTIMISM! :) I have found that simply by choosing to be happy, I feel a lot happier. Easier said than done, but once I find good parts of a bad or awkward situation, the situation becomes a lot less bad, awkward or stressful. Does that make sense? Maybe. But that's how I've found I am happy. And also seriously, counting my blessings and saying all the time "WOW! I AM blessed!" The more you say something out loud the more you believe it and the more true it is!
Last night at FHE, we played Book of Mormon charades. SO much fun! I thought being a convert, I wouldn't get any answers right. BUT!! I read the Book of Mormon all the way through and studied it all the way through while on my mission and I realized that I knew all of the answers last night. I am so excited that I finally know the scripture stories in the Book of Mormon that well! The funniest one to watch being acted out was when Ammon cut off all those guys arms. Our ward is hilarious.
Anyway, that's all I really have for today. I'll get more into the habit of posting more interesting things. For now, go watch this Mormon message... I LOVE IT!

 http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages

PS: I also just this second got an interview for tomorrow at Macy's!!!!
I am so dang excited!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing all the right things! Hope you get the jobs you want.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete